Our Fully-Managed Recycling System
The Battery Solutions SmartRecycle System is specifically designed to make your battery recycling program as easy and hassle-free as possible, while helping your company protect the environment and remain in compliance with environmental laws. Our system is fully managed by us to give you the freedom to simply collect all dry-cell battery types and hand-held electronics together—without separating—we do the sorting for you. We handle the necessary logistics, shipping, receiving, recycling, and proper documentation—everything you need to run a successful recycling program—easily. A Certificate of Recycling containing a chemistry breakdown of each container of materials recycled is provided to you so you can document your environmental compliance.
SmartRecycle System Features
- Attractive UN-Approved Collection Containers
- EPA-approved recycling of all materials
- Certificate of Recycling
- Recycling instructions and awareness posters
- Automatic reordering
- Online pickup request
How It Works
- You purchase the size of recycling container that’s right for you.
- You fill the container with all types of dry-cell batteries and handheld electronics.
- Once container is filled, you request a pickup or give it to your FedEx driver.
- We pick up the full container, sort, and recycle the materials properly.
- A completed Certificate of Recycling is sent to you.
Benefits Of A Recycling Program
- It’s the safest way to recycle batteries
- It helps you remain in compliance with any applicable environmental laws
- All hazardous materials are recycled properly
- The plastic and metal materials reclaimed are reused
- It saves landfill costs
- It saves natural resources
- It’s the right thing to do
Materials We Accept
- Household batteries, both rechargeable and non-rechargeable, such as
- D-cell, C-cell, AA, AAA, 9-volt, and button cells
- Rechargeable battery packs from:
- Cell phones, cameras, laptop computers, power tools, etc.
- Handheld electronics:
- Cell phones, iPods, PDAs, pagers, and so on
- Any other dry-cell batteries
The SmartRecycle System offers two collection container choices—a 35 lb. capacity and 55 lb capacity pails. In addition to these standard containers, supplementary collection tubes are available to make a visual recycling statement in your retail or office location. These tubes are for collection only; contents must be transferred to a standard pail container prior to shipping and recycling.
How To Get Started
It’s easy to start your SmartRecycling System. To get started (or for more information) simply contact us via e-mail or call 1-800-852-8127.
The SmartRecycle System is designed to be as easy as possible to use. Our pricing follows our ease-of-use objective by providing single, all-inclusive pricing for each of our three available collection containers.
Pricing is based on typical waste profiles and subject to change if the customer's waste profile changes significantly over time.
SmartRecycle System pricing is consistent for all customers located within the continental United States. Continental U.S. use only. Not available in Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.